- Carpool or ride a bike to work to cut the car out of the equation completely.
- Lighten your car by removing heavy items from your trunk. This can help improve your car’s overall fuel economy.
- Avoid long idles. Idling for just one minute consumes the same amount of gas as starting your engine.
- Stay up to date on oil changes.
- Drive slower. You can improve your fuel economy by approximately 20 per cent by reducing your highway speeds.
If you are in the market for a new car, be sure to compare fuel economy ratings of the vehicles that interest you. An insurance broker at Cornerstone can also provide you with free, no-obligation quote on car insurance. Contact a broker today at 1-888-768-8001.
You may also be interested in: How to Save on Gas This Summer
Cornerstone Insurance Brokers is a full line insurance brokerage with offices in Woodbridge (Vaughan), Aurora, Markham, and Barrie. Cornerstone provides car insurance, home insurance, motorcycle insurance, farm insurance, equine insurance, rural insurance, business insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, critical illness insurance and health insurance, as well as employee group benefits all over Ontario.