When it comes to saving money on fuel, even the smallest changes can lead to big savings. To start improving your fuel economy today, consider doing the following:
- Avoid rapidly accelerating and decelerating.
- Avoid idling whenever possible.
- Use your vehicle’s air conditioning system sparingly, as it can use up fuel.
- Roll your windows up when driving on the highway to improve aerodynamics.
- Avoid driving at peak traffic hours, as driving in stop-and-go conditions can take a toll on your fuel economy.
- Keep your tires inflated.
- Tune your engine regularly.
- Have your oil changed once every three months.
Another way to save money is to have a broker review your auto insurance policy. Contact Cornerstone today by calling 1-888-768-8001 for a free, no obligation quote.
You may also be interested in: The Ins and Outs of City Driving
Cornerstone Insurance Brokers is a full line insurance brokerage with offices in Woodbridge (Vaughan), Aurora, Markham, and Barrie. Cornerstone provides car insurance, home insurance, motorcycle insurance, farm insurance, equine insurance, rural insurance, business insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, critical illness insurance and health insurance, as well as employee group benefits all over Ontario.